Today I want to tell about one habit that might look very simple but which ideally can always be the cause of a major problem in your life.
What I want to talk about can in fact be easily brushed off by anyone who has been through the hassles of life before.
And while they might in fact choose to brush it off without a second thought, it will be no surprise to find out that it is indeed this very same act that pushed them to their stressful situations.
Well I am talking about procrastination – the practice of carrying out what pleases you at the expense of what is either less pleasurable for you thus pushing forward, and pilling up more tasks for the last minute rush. Simply put a way of postponing activities that do not strike you.
Usually this simple behavior might come out as being easy to handle, or to go about. But wait until the tasks pile up and you have to beat deadliness, you will not believe it but my friend trust me, if it was your job, this could be the last nail on the coffin before your boss bangs the desk and shout right at your face, “you are fired!”
So before that happens I would impress upon you to find the most pragmatic solutions to this behavior before it sends you flying of your precious job. And it is true that just like drugs procrastination can also be quite addictive.
Only that when it gets down to tackling it, nothing sails smoothly like knowing the right tips on how to stop procrastinating your activities and instead tackling every one of them with the urgency that they demand. Here are a few tips that will help you to get started.
- Always focus on the final benefits of what you want to do.
- And if the task is more than you can chew, consider asking for a helping hand.
- If there is something that shifts your attention take your time to pull it out.
- At the same time keep in mind what will go wrong if you don’t finish up the task.
- Have a checklist and set deadliness on when your tasks should be completed.
- Break down the task in manageable potions for quick and easy handling.
With these tips in the bag, you might not know it but you would have taken the very first ideal step towards shaking of this monster of procrastination.