The benefits of dental implants are obvious. Along with the visual impact, they can also make your mouth healthier, allowing you to eat properly and aid digestion, and of course mean that there is no risk of dislodgment or falling out of dentures. They are also cared for in exactly the same way as your regular teeth, with no fiddly adhesives or specific cleaning needed.
When you are looking for a cosmetic dentist, there are a number of things that you should consider before appointing one. Some of the world’s best cosmetic dentists are fitting dental implants in Los Angeles. Even if you don’t live there, it might be worth considering a special trip there to get a better idea of what there is.
Things to Consider
When you are looking to appoint a dentist to fit your dental implants, you should do your research properly and don’t just go for the cheapest or quickest. You quite often get what you pay for, and there’s usually a reason why these people are the cheapest and least busy. Here are some other tips to help you choose the right periodontist in Beverly Hills:
- Try to get recommendations – if you know someone who has had dental implants in Los Angeles or anywhere else, and are pleased with the service and outcome, why not give theirs a go?
- Try to get some references from the dentist and follow them up – ask about the service in general, the final result and ask to see photos.
- The dentist office themselves should also provide you with example photos.
- Check out online reviews.
- Pay a trip to the surgery. Is it clean and modern looking?
- During your trip, how did you feel that you were treated – if it was anything less than 100%, forget it – they should have been on their best behaviour.
- Think about the location – you will probably need 2 or 3 different visits, so is the surgery in a viable location?
- Chat to the dentist and ask them all of the questions that you might have – did they give you the answers and explanations that you were after? Did they make you feel comfortable? How many years of experience do they have?
- Try to find out where they trained and if they are a member of any professional organisation. The LVI (Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies) is a very well respected place to have studied and the AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) and the ACE (Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics) are good pointers to prove their professionalism.
Making the decision to get dental implants is just the beginning of the journey to better health and more confidence. Choosing the right dentist is the next important decision. Once you have found dentists with the right qualifications and experience, you should choose the one who makes you feel the most comfortable and at ease. This won’t necessarily be the same one for everybody, but by getting this part right, you will ensure that you have the best experience possible, and get well on your way to the set of teeth that you deserve.